PCAS Approved Supplements
Feed manufacturers are now able to apply to supply ‘PCAS-Approved’ feed and forage products to producers through the Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System.
As a certified quality assurance program, PCAS has always set a series of requirements that outline the feeding, management and handling requirements for eligible animals – but through the new approval system for feed manufacturers, producers can be assured that any feed or forage supplements that has been ‘PCAS-Approved’ is acceptable to feed their livestock under the program.
Through the process, manufacturers require approval from PCAS Administration and then their details are provided to producers through the PCAS website. Manufacturers are that receive approval will be able to supply a niche and growing market of PCAS certified producers.
‘PCAS Approved Supplements’ has been developed to sit within the quality assurance program and will enable feed manufactures to apply for approval to use the PCAS logo on feed and forage products.
Feed manufacturers must be a full or provisional member of The Stock Feed Manufacturers’ Council of Australia (SFMCA) and must therefore be Feed Safe certified.
Any feed manufacturers interested in getting involved can contact the PCAS program and producers are able to access a list of ‘PCAS-Approved’ supplements below.
Activo Premium: contains standardized amounts of selected phytomolecules.
Mastersorb Gold: part of EW Nutrition’s Toxin Risk Management Program, which also includes services, on-site advice, and expert consultancy.
Prote-N: a slow-release source of nonprotein nitrogen (NPN).
For more information, please visit https://ew-nutrition.com.
- Molafos 15
- Molafos 20
- Molafos 20ss
- Molafos 25sss
For more information visit www.liquidfeeds.com.au or click the logo above for information on the supplements.
Riverina Stockfeeds have an extensive range of both dry and liquid pasture supplements that are available as PCAS approved supplements. Click on the logo above to access our index of these products or visit our website www.riverina.com.au for more information.
Aus Organic Feeds have been producing quality organic animal and stockfeed since 2000. Their new state-of-art-mill facility and integrated supply chain, alongside full Australian, Japanese and US Organic Certification ensures strict production processes, controls and traceability.
The PCAS approved Lifecycle Range of organic protein mineral supplements and licks are designed to maximise performance throughout the lifecycle of ruminants, including sustaining them through drought and tough seasons. Formulated by a leading animal nutritionist, products provide critical nutrients, soluble nitrogen and by-pass protein to prevent protein, glucose, mineral and vitamin deficiencies in cattle, sheep and goats.
For more information visit https://www.ausorganicfeeds.com.au/the-lifecycle-range/
ilne Feeds – Milne Feeds is a family owned, leading producer of pelleted feed & has been servicing producers in WA for over 100 years. EasyGrass is a newly developed, nutritionally balanced 9mm pellet, which is specifically formulated to meet the certified Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System (PCAS) feeding requirements. This allows growers to maintain their grass-fed or pasture raised cattle claim for any of their cattle herd fed EasyGrass. EasyGrass includes magnesium oxide to aid against dark cutting & enriched natural essential oils to ensure a desirable rumen microflora for optimal growth performance & health. For more information on EasyGrass, visit http://www.milne.com.au/beef.html
Frankling Custom Feeds is proud to provide a fully certified PCAS pellet to beef producers around Australia backed up by a complementary nutrition service. The Beef Performa Grass-Fed is a high-class formulation that includes natural essential oils and yeast to improve efficiency and health in cattle herds.
The pellet is robust and palatable, tried and tested with younger and older cattle. They contain quality nutrient sources such as legumes and protein meals combined with fibre sources such as almond hulls. Capsulated into one little pellet, this means no separation and instant nutrient availability to improve efficiency in cattle. It has been formulated to have the energy and protein to perfectly complement all forage types.
Please visit our website for more information www.frankling.com.au
AusPac Ingredients Pty Ltd is a business founded in 2005 with the purpose of enabling our customers, staff and stakeholders. We have a commitment to industry improvement, product quality and animal performance. With a strong focus on meeting customer expectations for quality and service, we have the logistics and administrative capabilities to ensure these expectations are met.
- Actifor® Protect – for getting your calves of to the best natural start.
- Actifor® Boost – for maximising protein efficiency and buffer recycle for all ruminants.
- Actifor® Pro – for maximising protein efficiency and buffer recycle in dairy.
- Actifor® Power – for maximising energy efficiency and buffer recycle for all ruminants.
- Toxo® MX is a smectite clay-based mycotoxin and endotoxin binder that meets EU standard IM558. Highly effective in binding Aflatoxins, Ergot Alkaloids and Endotoxins.
- Toxo® and Toxo® XL are mycotoxin binders also containing the same smectite clay in Toxo MX, however additional yeast cell wall components and glucose biopolymers also included provide strong gut wall protection and help to mitigate the effects of mycotoxins such as ZEA, OCHRA, DON, FUM and T2 as well as Aflatoxins, Ergot Alkaloids and Endotoxins.
- Betain® 96 is a naturally derived methyl group donor and osmoregulator that helps animals under heat stress conditions better maintain cellular moisture integrity and reduce the effects of heat stress.
- Celmanax® SCP is a blend of refined functional carbohydrates that are effective in binding pathogenic microbes, e.g. Salmonella and E. Coli, in animal and priming the immune system for a rapid immune response should a challenge present. Used from the first day of life until weaned and just prior and during other stress events such as transport Celmanax SCP has demonstrated it ability to reduce stress in animals leading to faster recovery and adaption on farm.
- Calsporin® is a heat stable probiotic that upon germination in the animal’s gut consumes vast amounts of oxygen in the animal digestive tract producing a more anaerobic environment that is perfect for the growth of good microbiota such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium that promote gut health.
More information: www.auspacingredients.com.au